Monday, July 23, 2012

I trust…



‘We trust you’ is a great feeling. Hearing it from your loved ones fills you with energy; hearing it from friends makes you feel responsible and hearing it from parents takes you to enjoy the moment of highest contentment in the world.

Directly or indirectly, each and every one of us is busy in an effort of gaining trust. To make new friends, to strengthen the bonding, to gain respect, to earn money – the first and foremost capital investment is trust. It gives us new relationship; adds new people to our life. Trust is plinth, it’s the basic pillar; and just like a plinth or a pillar, it remains hidden and unnoticed all the time while playing the most important role.

‘Someone trusts me’ is greater feeling. It is the trust they have in me as a result of which staying away from my parents since last five years was never like living away from them for me. It’s this trust that keeps me reminding about my responsibilities. The trust makes me think righteously and select the right way from the countless options. It empowers me to say no, makes me wise enough to set and strong enough to pursue a goal. It tells me where to pause, where to speak and where to raise an alarm. Because somebody believes in me, it becomes my responsibility to keep the belief intact.

‘I trust someone’ is even greater feeling. It gives me a sense of security. Yes. Someone will come and support, someone will stand firm behind me in any situation is a moral boosting potion. Having someone trustworthy is like having another parallel life or a talisman with you. Lucky are those who have many such talismans around. I have selected some and happy with them. It’s really a difficult task to find out such talismans out of a crowd of friends and relatives. Well, what is easy then?

‘I trust myself’ is the greatest feeling. If I know what I am doing and what I can do, then I need not to worry about any other thing. But, it takes lives to realize, actualize the self. Those who achieve the stage of self-actualization become icons. For this, one Prince Siddhartha forsakes his palace pleasures one fine day and sits for the penance under a tree in deep forest. For this, Narayan Suryaji Thosar runs away from his own marriage function. For this, Narendranath Dutt keeps asking every wise man the only question – whether you have seen the god? For this, Debuji Janorkar leaves his family and farms, and starts walking all the way where his feet take. Leaving so many things for self-search is not easy. Well, what’s easy then?

Thousands of devotees walk tirelessly for weeks together to reach Pandharpur every year. This tradition is more than 1000 years old now. Devotees of Vithoba in Varkari tradition find the almighty in their respective work, and this makes them saints. Yes. The simplest way is to trust God.

That is why, ultimately, Narayan Suryaji Thosar’s search ends in finding Shri Ram as his deity and it makes him Samarth Ramdas. Narendranath Dutt’s search ends in finding Guru as his God and it makes him Swami Vivekananda. Debuji Janorkar’s search ends in finding ‘Gopala Gopala Devaki Nandan Gopala’ as his Mantra and it makes him Sant Gadgebaba. Ultimately, Prince Siddharth’s search ends in finding a light of wisdom within as his guide, and it makes him Buddha.

‘I trust God’ becomes greater than greatest feeling – Super superior to all.

No comments: