Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Wait…

Wait and watch – we always say, but nobody likes to wait. “I enjoyed in waiting room” is so rare to here. In fact, waiting rooms have TVs, newspapers, magazines, music, refreshments, every possible option to kill time for the inmates, but no one really wishes to stay their for long. A lover waiting for his beloved in garden or some other apologizing his beloved for coming late in garden, are the key situations for romantic songs in Hindi films. Yes, we hate, but we have to wait.
My friend’s wait has just started – his homoeopathic clinic. Firstly, he is a young doctor. Secondly, a homoeopathic physician, and finally, working in a small town like Yavatmal, where people generally prefer allopathic medicines or traditional home-made remedies! Yes, he was hopeful but concerned; confident but uneasy, and smiling but hiding something. When I wished him all the best, he said, those who were with him are settling down one by one. It’s tough to wait when others are claiming bigger and better opportunities, he said. Nothing I could do, but to agree with his views. Yes. This concern is absolutely all right and must. But the only thing, he and most of us have to do while waiting is not to lose temper and not to get depressed.
From his clinic, I went to bus station. I started waiting for my bus, and also comparing him and myself. I found myself lucky to get job without much wait. My work was waiting for me in Nagpur, but he was waiting for his work in his clinic. How many days, my friend will be waiting like he was today? I was wondering, when a bus came. Being a jam-packed overflowing one, I left that bus. Thinking continued.
He is hard worker, talented, and yes, he is a good doctor, I am sure. Only thing is that he needs a boost, and he needs initial number of patients to prove his mettle. He will get everything, name and fame and money, soon, but for that he has to wait patiently. One more bus came, and I left it, too.
Even in a job, when I see sub-standard people getting preferences in promotions, just because they are seniors, or near and dear ones to the management; I feel exactly the same – others are claiming bigger and better opportunities and I have to wait. Well, this wait is more painful, but still, I am waiting, because, positivity, hopes are there within me. Finally, one more bus came. This was having ample number of free seats; and I got the one of my choice. The bust was quite new, neat and clean, and the driver was young. It started, and I really enjoyed the journey.
Yes. I was waiting for long. I left two buses. But I got a great journey as a result of this wait. My friend, don’t worry, you are waiting patiently, I know. And you are going to get a better, newer, and younger bus for a happy, safe and prosperous journey.  

No comments: